Yield6-8AuthorJessica TruesdalePrep time5 MinCook time20 MinTotal time25 MinPrintWith ImageWithout Image
Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach
This recipes is derived from Morton’s Steakhouse
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 1/4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 1/4 pounds chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute for about 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Sprinkle flour over onion and cook over low heat, stirring with wooden spoon, about 4 minutes or until there is a nutty aroma.
- Add half and half and cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until hot. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to boil.
- Whisk continuously 6 to 8 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove pan from heat. Using handheld immersion blender, blend sauce for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in spinach until well-mixed and heated through.
- Just before serving, set over medium heat, add Parmesan and stir until well-mixed and heated through.
Created using The Recipes Generator