PrintWith ImageWithout Image
Ruths’ Christ Style Sweet Potato Casserole
Yield: 4Author: Jessica TruesdalePrep time: 15 MinCook time: 7 MinInactive time: 30 MinTotal time: 52 MinThis recipe has been adapted from RuthsChris.com
- Crust Mixture:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred but I love to use walnuts)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Sweet Potato Mixture:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and put to one side.
- Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine thoroughly.
- Pour Sweet Potato Mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle Crust Mixture evenly onto surface of Sweet Potato Mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.